If you are ill and unable to visit the Pantry you can always call us on 781-291-3663 to request a temporary home delivery. You may also visit us on our Food Pantry Facebook Page to obtain updated information before you visit on Saturday. We will update this information as necessary. Please be assured that we will always provide a way for you to receive food.
We are open every Saturday for shopping from 8:00 to 10:40 am. If you are new to the pantry, click here to find out more about registration.
SPECIFIC FOOD DONATION NEEDS
In response to recommendations by the CDC, the Greater Boston Food Bank and most importantly for the safety of the community, we have transitioned to pre-packaged bags containing essential non-perishable items augmented with perishable items such as milk, cheese, eggs, produce and meat selections.
At this time, we are requesting that any monetary donations be made to the Greater Boston Food Bank https://www.gbfb.org/ways -to-give/
We have been able to increase our order from the Greater Boston Food Bank to accommodate the items for our “Grab-n-Go” bags, however at this time their inventory is very tight due to food supply chain issues and as you may have noticed, even the local grocery stores are struggling to stock their shelves with specific food items.
- Please do not travel to the stores just to pick up donated items- instead we suggest that you purchase a few donation items during your regular shopping trip, especially if they are on sale.
- Drop them off at the Stop & Shop donation box or the Pantry donation box located behind Grace Church at 150 Chapel St. on Sunday through Thursday. Please do not drop off on Saturday morning as we are greeting clients and the parking is full.
- Contact the Pantry (781-291-3663) to arrange an appointment to drop off items.
We are currently only accepting the donations listed below for our Grab-n-Go bags:
- Hash, Beef Stew, Chili
- Canned Tuna (white albacore chunk or solid)
- Cold (Boxed) Cereal
- Pasta (ziti, penne, rigatoni. macaroni, etc.)
- Canned soup (especially chunky types, chicken noodle, veggie, beef, etc.)
- Canned beans (ex: baked, black, chick peas, pinto, kidney, etc.)
- Canned spaghetti sauce or tomatoes
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruit
- Canned chicken
- Mac N Cheese
- Boxed Rices (Rice Pilaf, Near East, Zatarains, Rice a Roni, etc.)
- Tea (black or green)
- Coffee (ground or instant – regular or decaf)
How to Donate Money
We often need to purchase hygiene and household products that aren’t donated. Your donation will support the purchases we need to make, as well as the normal costs of operations (office supplies, shelving, etc.) The Pantry is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, so your contribution is fully tax deductible. All contributions will be acknowledged. Donations can be made in honor of a special occasion or in memory of someone.
To make a donation, send your check to:
Ecumenical Community Food Pantry of Norwood, Inc.
150 Chapel Street
Norwood, MA 02062
Donate by PayPal or Credit Card
To donate by Paypal or credit card:
Shop using amazon smile and a percentage will benefit the pantry.
Click here to sign up for Amazon Smile: