Dynamic Individuals Sought to Lead Food Pantry
The Ecumenical Community Food Pantry of Norwood is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! We’re searching for two visionary leaders to continue the progress we have made over the past few years and bring energy and creativity to support the Food Pantry.
We have recently revitalized our operations and volunteer coordination. We’ve gathered momentum and are poised for our next growth phase. We are currently looking for a part-time Executive Director and a part-time Assistant Director. These volunteer positions will provide the intrinsic reward of helping local families fight hunger.
As an Executive Director- you will need to be an administration-minded person to continue our revitalization and create a vision to help the organization develop new responses to hunger. This position is highly visible in the community and is critically important in maintaining partnerships in Norwood, including our local and regional partners. This volunteer position will report to the Board of Directors. This position will be about 20 hours per week, including some weekdays and Saturday morning.
As an Assistant Director- you will be working alongside the Executive Director, assisting with volunteer coordination, food deliveries and other activities based on need. This volunteer position will report to the Executive Director with oversight from the Board of Directors. This position will be about 20 hours per week, including some weekdays and Saturday morning.
Both positions will encompass some (or all) of the following responsibilities-
- Directly oversee Food Pantry volunteers, including providing volunteer orientation, training and supervision.
- Monitor programs for compliance with the Boston Food Bank, USDA, etc. guidelines including health & safety and civil rights compliance.
- Provide direct assistance to clients of varying backgrounds; conduct client intake and data entry and ensure security and confidentiality of client records.
- Orient new and current program partners on food bank program policies and procedures.
- Represent the Food Pantry in face-to-face meetings with existing and prospective community partners.
- Place food orders and maintain computer program files and database reports.
- Attend community events, fundraising activities and benefit programs to be the “face of the Norwood Food Pantry”.
- Model for volunteers a client-centered, compassionate, non-judgmental approach.
- Work with community leaders and food pantry volunteer coordinator to recruit and build a successful volunteer team.
- Deliver honest feedback in a supportive manner; demonstrate fair treatment of others and support a positive environment.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop budgets, plan fundraising activities, provide marketing guidance and business planning and participate in monthly board meetings.
We are looking for candidates who;
- Can be available to work a flexible schedule to accommodate various Food Pantry needs, but in particular Saturday mornings when the food pantry is open.
- Experience working with volunteers and families of varying socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated success in working with diverse individuals and groups.
- Experience collaborating with others on projects/tasks by helping out where needed; providing adequate lead time to meet deadlines; willing to help out, no matter how big or small the task.
- Proven demonstration of good judgment and discretion.
Read More: Job Description_Executive Director
Apply to Position
If you don’t have a resume to upload, please fill out our online application, click here.